28 April 2008

beloved island

There was a lot of work to do around the house on Saturday, and I worked really hard. Since it was an extremely hot day, I was soaking with sweat by the time I got everything done. I took a shower, and feeling refreshed, with a glass of wine in my hand, I stood in front of my gigabeat -- what should I listend to?

There's a feeling of accomplishment, the breeze is balmy, and I am sipping lovely wine --- what else is there but Hawaiian music?

I picked Kealii Reichel's Kawaipunahele.

This CD always takes me right back to Hawaii. I sat and listened to his voice, and I missed Hawaii so much that my heart ached. Akaka Falls came on, and I had an idea, and googled a map of the Big Island.

Now that was a fun thing to do. Look at that; this island is nothing but a big chunk of volcano! There is Keauhou Bay, where we stayed on our last trip, where I fell in love with Hawaiian green sea turtles, those sweet, lovely creatures. There is the town of Hawi, my favorite small town in the whole country.

So I had a virtual driving tour of the Big Island, satellite style, around the island in just 30 minutes. Until we can figure out a way to actually get there, this will have to do. But wait for me, the Big Island of Hawaii; I will be coming back to you. I love you and miss you; you have my heart.

No comments: