15 March 2009

with all the frills upon it



A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, or so it seems to me now, I was a struggling student living in Hawaii (well, if one's going to struggle, why not do it in Hawaii, right?). I had no money, but every year, I managed to buy a new hat for Easter.

There was this shop in a mall near where I lived that sold cheap clothes. No, not inexpensive, but cheap, as in "low price = poor quality". But this shop had fabulous hats -- cute hats, crazy hats, all for $15 or less. I couldn't buy a dress, even from this shop, but I could afford a hat there. So I bought one every Easter.

I don't do that any more, mainly because I don't get dressed up for Easter any more. How sad.

Perhaps I should go and buy a new hat this year. So someone could write a sonnet about my Easter bonnet.

No comments: