07 December 2009

marché de noël de lyon






I love outdoors markets, especially the seaonal ones.






I've been to many Christmas markets in my life, but Marché de Noël de Lyon may just be the best one I've ever been to.






Seriously.






I've already been there twice, and I'm planning at least one more trip down there.






And why not? Even if I don't buy anything, it's so much fun to just walk around and look. Of course, it's hard to get out of there without buying anything!






There's plenty of food, and if it gets a bit too cold, there's vin chaud. Ahhhh.







The prices tend to be high, but these are all artisan stuff. Beautifully made, beautifully packaged.






The vendors all display their goods very artistically. Again, it's fun just to look. Can I go around one more time?





No, my son says. I have to bribe him with food. Would you like crepe, soup, or German sausage?











These chocolate chunks with wooden spoons are for chocolat chaud -- one for 3€, four for 10€, or ten for 20€. Guess how many I bought?







You can read more about Marché de Noël here. The market is right outside of Perrache station, and there is a nice playground at the square if you're with little ones and they get antsy. You can watch them play as you sip that cup of vin chaud.

2 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Fantastic photos, as always.

cocopuff1212 said...

I'm going back later this week, this time to (1) get vin chaud from a different booth, and (2) buy a present for my son from the toy vendor. Fun!