13 July 2010

my little prince



I found him on the ground at the park where we were having picnic lunch.

He was covered with dirt and dead leaves, and lying dangerously close to something unmentionable left by a dog (actually, by its owner).

I looked around, and saw no little girls nearby. We were there for about an hour, but nobody came apparently looking for something.

I hesitated. The thing is, we weren't in Lyon; we were in a town about two hours away. So I couldn't leave him there and come back a day later to check on him.

When we had to pack up our basket and leave, I decided to bring him home with me. After all, Lyon is his home, too.

I gave him a quick bath when we got home, and after that, he looked much better and appeared to be feeling better also. But that may be just my imagination.

Welcome home, Mon Petit Prince.

7 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

I love your blog. Every post makes me smile.

cocopuff1212 said...

Sweet of you to say that :)

French for a While said...

Perfect find. I'd want to keep that forever.

Heidi Leon Monges said...

oh quel de bonheur to find The Little Prince in (almost) Lyon!!. I call that destiny ;-)

congratulations, may you have wonderful days with this little jewel.

ps: agree with J et K, every post puts an smile on me.

cocopuff1212 said...

■Jonathan,
I will!

■Heidi,
Yes, it was meant to be :)

Ngân Đàm said...

Awww...c'est mignon ton prince!

cocopuff1212 said...

He sits on the computer desk & reminds me every day that "it is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." :)