03 January 2012

beginning



The year 2011 was a difficult one for me, on many different levels. But it was also a year of personal growth, with moments filled with appreciation and gratitude. I'm not sure whether everything happens for a reason, but I know I can learn something from everything that happens, and take that with me.

If things move along as expected (warning: sometimes they don't), we will be wrapping up our stint in France and heading back to the U.S. six months from now. It's a beginning of another chapter! There's a lot to think about and prepare for, but when I do, I get all tingly with anticipation.

So here's to the new year, a fresh new beginning. I feel blessed to be here, looking directly forward. I will take my steps, one at a time, with my head held high.

2 comments:

Nancy Singleton Hachisu said...

I share so many of your sentiments. Thanks for this. Look at it this way...2011 was so bad, 2012 must be better (at least that is how I am looking at it). And I am a very firm believer that things happen for a reason (which causes me a problem because when things are going well, I always feel like something bad will happen to keep me "honest"). Enjoy Lyon while you can and look forward to the next chapter!

cocopuff1212 said...

Thank you for your comments, Nancy. I have bright hopes for the new year. The only way to go is forward.